Wednesday 24 March 2010

Although my design and thoughts were on the way, I needed to come up with ideas why my work would be sustainable. I thought about reprinting onto old existing garments or onto existing curtains which I liked this idea but needed expanding more. I like the idea with using old curtains and working with the design/ print that was already on this, maybe by reprinting my design on top and even with the old print showing through, I thought this would add to the design.
I also had a idea of using recycled old net curtains as these were a trend for the past I suppose you could say, so as people no longer are using these, why can't fashion make a use for them??!!
I thought more about this idea and as net curtains have quite an open design, I thought doubling up the net would make it more realistic to work with and the print design would be more noticeable. I know even doubled up won’t close the entire surface, but with the print disappearing in areas could really work for the design and give a more unique effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment